Power, Performance, and Versatility in a Mid-Size Tractor.
Case IH Puma series tractors are efficient, multipurpose workhorses designed to handle a variety of tasks on livestock, dairy and mixed crop operations. When you don’t want to compromise power for versatility – choose Puma.
More Productivity, Less Fuel
Case IH SCR Technology
Case IH Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology improves horsepower, engine responsiveness, fuel economy and durability, all while lowering emissions. It's innovation that meets government standards without sacrificing production.
- Delivers Efficient Power with a Case IH 6.7-liter, 6 cylinder turbocharged, intercooled engine
- PowerBoost - boosts your engine by up to 35 HP to meet today's hydraulic demands
- Rated engine working speed of 2,200 rpm
- 4 valves per cylinder for improved fuel economy and power
- Extended oil change intervals save you time and maintenance costs
- Electronic Common Rail fuel system gives you fast responses in changing field conditions
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Meets the tough new Tier 4 B/Final emissions standards
- SCR after-treatment converts nitrogen oxides into nitrogen and water vapors
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), a non-toxic mixture, triggers the change
- Engine design reduces particulate matter created by incomplete fuel burning
- 10% lower operating costs with exhaust as clean as the intake air
More Power, Better Fuel Economy
- SCR maximizes horsepower because the system is separate from the engine
- The design leads to better fuel economy and improved engine durability, while giving you more flexibility to choose among diesel fuel varieties and grades
- Case IH has a full team of professionals to help you tailor your equipment to fit the way you farm and meet new challenges
More Usable Horsepower When and Where You Need It
The Case IH Puma lineup has plenty of power in a mid-size package, plus features like Power Boost, Power Growth, and the CVXDrive transmission option - to deliver more power when and where you need it most, while keeping you productive.
CVXDrive Continuously Variable Transmission
Smooth, Seamless Changes
Select the target speed, and the transmission automatically adjusts to deliver the desired speed and match load conditions. No manual clutching or shifting required.
Active Stop Feature
Provides a powered neutral that prevents tractor movement, even with fully loaded trailers on steep slopes. Great for chores that require frequent starting and stopping.
Maintains power to the ground. Shifting of gears is done automatically and never under a load, which helps saves fuel and allows operator to focus on other operational needs.
Easy to Operate
The simplicity of our CVXDrive technology makes it ideal for less experienced operators to maintain peak efficiency in all field conditions and applications.
PowerDrive Powershift Transmission
Options to Fit Your Needs
Standard 18x6 PowerDrive Powershift Transmission. 19x6 PowerDrive Powershift Transmission option available. Operating speeds up to 30 mph.
Made to Last
Robust, proven and reliable transmission providing longer life
Nine gears in the field working range 0 to maximize on productivity
Allows best match of travel speed to engine RPM
The Ultimate in Operator Comfort
- Outstanding visibility in all directions with huge glass area of 63.2 square feet (including a high-visibility roof panel option)
- Cleanly structured A-pillar instrumentation
- All operator controls are centrally located in the MultiControl Armrest design
- Quiet operator environment to get the job done — only 69dB(A)
- Choice of comfortable cab or axle suspension systems
- Case IH High Intensity Discharge (HID) lights produce three times the light of conventional halogen bulbs
- More durable than filament bulbs
- Requires 40 percent less power, which reduces the load on your alternator
Diesel Saver™ Automatic Productivity Management (APM)
- Electronically links the engine, transmission, PTO and hitch to MultiControl Armrest and foot throttle
- Updated MultiFunction Handle features raised and backlit buttons
- New headliner with reallocated air-condition controls and additional storage
- Tinted rear window with suspended cab option
- New steering column adjusts for improved functionality
- New storage nets added with passenger seat option
PTO, Hydraulics & Hitches
Get the Job Done
Case IH Puma series tractors have the hitch lift capacity, the hydraulic component features and the hydraulic flow available to handle the application demands.
- Features soft-start modulation protection and interchangeable 1⅜-inch (35-mm) shaft
- Puma 185-240 Tier 4 B/Final models feature a 540-/1,000 rpm reversible shaft
- Puma 150 and 165 Tier 4 B/Final models feature a 540-/1,000-rpm reversible shaft: 6 spline , 540 rpm; 21 spline, 1,000 rpm
- Optional 1,000 rpm PTO with a 1⅜-inch (44-mm) 20-spline shaft
- CVXDrive models come standard with 1,000/1,000E PTO: 1,000E mode at 1,700 rpm to save fuel in less demanding operations; 1,000 mode at 1,900 rpm for heavier conditions
- The fender-mounted PTO controls switch allows you to turn off the PTO without getting back into the cab
- Auto PTO Management option automatically turns the PTO on or off at a predetermined height of the 3-point hitch, reducing operator effort and protecting PTO driveline components
- Front hitch and PTO option increases versatility and productivity
The Puma series tractors offer a high-capacity, closed-center, pressure-flow compensating hydraulic system. The main implement pump is separate from the 17 gpm (65 Lpm) steering and services pump.
- The standard main implement pump on the short wheelbase (SWB) Puma models, 150 and 165, delivers up to 26.5 gpm (100 Lpm) for a total flow of 43.6 gpm (165 Lpm)
- The standard main implement pump on the long wheelbase (LWB) Puma models, 185-240, delivers up to 30 gpm (113 Lpm), with total a total flow of 47 gpm (178 Lpm)
- An optional 39.6-gpm (150-Lpm) main pump is available on LWB models, increasing total tractor hydraulic flow to 56.6 gpm (216 Lpm)
- New hydraulic remote valves increase flow at the remotes
- Three or four standard mechanical remotes with selectable detents
- Up to five optional electro-hydraulic remotes
- Hydraulic mode switches can be tailored to a specific configuration
- The new optional rear-fender-mounted control switch allows handy activation of a frequently used hydraulic circuit (No. 1) from a conveniently accessible ground-level location
- Rear fender-mounted hitch raise/lower switches for easy positioning of the hitch from the ground
- Standard wheelbase (SWB) Puma 150-165 Tier 4 B/Final models feature a 7,900-lb (3,584-kg) lift capacity
- 12,787-lb (5,800-kg) lift capacity on the long wheelbase (LWB) Puma 185-240 Tier 4 B/Final models
- Optional 15,200-lb (6,894-kg) hitch lift capacity on LWB models for loads generated by larger implements (9,200-lb or 4,173-kg on the SWB models)
Advanced Farming Systems (AFS)
Integrated Precision Farming Technology
Factory-installed AFS components and dealer-installed options on Puma tractors offer dependability and convenience and give you the flexibility you need to help ensure you’re ready to begin gathering data as soon as you pull into the field.
Plug-and-Play Auto guidance Ready — Right from the Factory
Minimizing skips and overlaps saves on fuel, seed, fertilizer and chemicals. Precisely placing seeds can improve agronomic performance. Achieving year-to-year repeatable accuracy — as tight as plus or minus 1 inch — becomes reality with AFS AccuGuide™ auto guidance.
AFS Pro 700
In a single display, the AFS Pro 700 display provides control functionality and simple integration for Case IH LB4 large square balers and RB5 round balers, Early Riser® planters, Precision Disk™ drills and ISOBUS-compliant implements. Plus, you can use your display with third-party ISOBUS-compliant implements.
Maintenance & Uptime
Rugged Components and Easy Maintenance
It's the nature of farming today — producers need to cover more ground in less time. You can't afford to be sidelined for costly service or lengthy maintenance. That's why we engineered Puma tractors with rugged Case IH components proven to provide years of reliable service. And why we added features like the easy-opening hood, convenient service steps to the cab and a right-hand service access door for easy cleanout and serviceability. We also made sure that daily maintenance checks are quick, easy and at eye level.
Case IH High-Quality Manufacturing
- Components have a longer-life, exceptional productivity, and reduce your cost of ownership
- Helical cut gears reduce noise levels and increase durability, quality and reliability, while delivering more efficient transfer power
- Single-piece, flip-up hood provides full access to the engine, air cleaner, air-conditioner condenser, hydraulic oil cooler, air-to-air intercooler
- Ground-level maintenance access—check the engine transmission oil without raising the hood
- Radiator and coolers swing out for easy cleaning
- Large front toolbox
- Remote jump-start battery terminal (model dependent)— placed above the engine starter on the right-hand side for easy connection
- Single Poly-Vee belt drives the fan, alternator and water pump, reducing the number of belts, improving reliability and simplifying maintenance
- 600-hour engine oil and filter service intervals, saving you time and money